BEST of the WEST, sponsored by Grosvenor Americas, is an evening of food and wine pairings that celebrates the best British Columbia has to offer! This year's event was held on Wednesday, August 3 from 7-9 p.m on Ambleside Pier.
A big thank you to all of the restaurants and wineries who participated in this years event.
2016 Best of the West - Winning pairing
- PARC Retirement Living + Burrowing Owl Estate Winery
- Braised "black apron" angus beef topped with harissa spiced black tiger prawn served with fennel confit and local pureed organic yam potato
- Paired with Burrowing Owl Estate Winery 2013 Athene
2016 Best of the West - 1st Runner up
- Zen Japanese Restaurant + Black Hills Estate Winery
- Spicy wild sockeye salmon poke served on a bed of sushi rice on a shichimi chilli nori speckled asian chip
- Paired with Black Hills Estate Winery 2015 Viognier
Congratulations to PARC Retirement Living & Burrowing Owl Estate Winery for being crowned champions of the 6th annual Best of the West!