July 31–August 9, 2020

2019 Art Beat Application

Art Beat applications for the 29th Annual Harmony Arts Festival, presented by Odlum Brown Limited, are now open.

The online application is a guided step-by-step, user-friendly process and can be accessed at harmonyarts.slideroom.com.

The application deadline is Friday, May 17, 2019.

Art Beat showcases local artists in local businesses in Ambleside Beach and Dundarave Village. The program works in partnership with the Ambleside-Dundarave Business Improvement Association in order to highlight the unique businesses along Marine Drive.

What is Art Beat?

  • Art Beat seeks to promote artists as part of the Harmony Arts Festival experience, by showcasing their works in the storefronts of local businesses. Artists working in all mediums, including glass, ceramics, painting and jewellery are welcome to apply.
  • Works are available for purchase.
  • This is a non-juried exhibition and sale of artists’ works.
  • The Harmony Arts Festival reserves the right to select artists based on the appropriateness of the artwork and suitability of placement with participating store locations.
  • There is no fee to participate.
  • Pairings of businesses and artists will be arranged by the Harmony Arts Festival.
  • Artists must carry their own insurance.
  • Participation will be confirmed by email shortly after June 21, 2019.

Art Beat Street Celebration on Saturday, August 3

A special street celebration will be held on August 3, 2019, that allows businesses to make use of sidewalk space outside their storefronts. Businesses can create and promote special events to attract festival participants to the art and their store. Artists are encouraged to collaborate with businesses to be involved in these festivities.

Benefits to Artists

In recognition of the efforts that participating artists make to exhibit their work for the duration of the festival, a 70 per cent commission on art sales will go to the artist. The remaining 30 per cent will be retained by the business. Administration of sales will be arranged and managed directly between the artists and the businesses.