July 31–August 9, 2020

ArtBeat Application

Application Deadline: Friday, May 15, 2020

Apply Now

Harmony Arts Festival began 30 years ago with a simple dream: to give the North Shore a festival worthy of its unparalleled setting. Today, the festival attracts more than 140,000 visitors from the Sea to Sky and across Metro Vancouver. Together, we celebrate the spirit, lifestyle and natural beauty that make West Vancouver so special. Join us in making the 30th year the best yet with even more ground-breaking performances, stunning visual arts, and world-class culinary experiences.

Art Beat showcases local artists in local businesses in Ambleside Beach and Dundarave Village. The program works in partnership with the Ambleside-Dundarave Business Improvement Association in order to highlight the unique businesses along Marine Drive.

ABOUT ARTBEAT

Art Beat seeks to promote artists as part of the Harmony Arts Festival experience, by showcasing their work in the storefronts of local businesses. Artists working in all mediums, including glass, ceramics, painting and jewellery are welcome to apply.

APPLICATION DETAILS

The Harmony Arts Festival reserves the right to select artists based on the appropriateness of the artwork and suitability of placement with participating store locations.

  • There is no fee to participate
  • Pairings of businesses and artists will be arranged by the Harmony Arts Festival
  • Artists must carry their own insurance
  • Participation will be confirmed by email the week of June 22, 2020
  • Work is available for purchase
  • This is a non-juried exhibition and sale of artists’ work

Benefits to artists:

In recognition of the efforts that participating artists make to exhibit their work for the duration of the festival, a 70% commission on art sales will go to the artist. The remaining 30% will be retained by the business. The administration of sales will be arranged and managed directly between the artists and the business.

GETTING TO THE FESTIVAL

For information on getting to the festival and accommodations, please visit:

Getting to the Festival