Application deadline: Monday, April 6, 2020
Harmony Arts Festival began 30 years ago with a simple dream: to give the North Shore a festival worthy of its unparalleled setting. Today, the festival attracts more than 140,000 visitors from the Sea to Sky and across Metro Vancouver. Together, we celebrate the spirit, lifestyle and natural beauty that make West Vancouver so special. Join us in making the 30th year the best yet with even more ground-breaking performances, stunning visual arts, and world-class culinary experiences.
The festival’s Art Market is a unique opportunity for local, regional and national artists and artisans to exhibit and sell their high-quality original works in this admission-free and commission-free event.
First weekend: July 31–August 3, 2020
Second weekend: August 7–9, 2020
First weekend: July 31 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Second weekend: August 7 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
vehicle access after 10:30 p.m.
First weekend: August 3 from 9 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
Second weekend: August 9 from 9 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
Friday, July 31, 2–9 p.m.
Saturday, August 1, 11 a.m.–9 p.m.
Sunday, August 2, 11 a.m.–9 p.m.
Monday, August 3, 11 a.m.-9 p.m.
Friday, August 7, 2–9 p.m.
Saturday, August 8, 11 a.m.–9 p.m.
Sunday, August 9, 11 a.m.–9 p.m.
The Art Market is located along Argyle Avenue between 14th and 16th Street, along the scenic Ambleside waterfront.
Price includes a 10’ X 10’ tent, overnight security, two 6’ tables, two chairs, a power outlet, one overhead lamp and limited booth relief service.
First weekend: July 31–August 3
Individual 10' x 10' tent $665 + $25 insurance
Shared 10' x 10' tent $333 + $25 insurance
Second weekend: August 7–9
Individual 10' x 10' tent $500 + $25 insurance
Shared 10' x 10' tent $250 + $25 insurance
Both weekends: July 31–August 3 & August 7–9
Individual 10' x 10' tent $995 + $25 insurance
Shared 10' x 10' tent $498 + $25 insurance
Full tent/half tent combo $780 + $25 insurance
All prices are subject to applicable taxes. An additional non-refundable jury fee of $25 plus applicable taxes per application is collected at time of application. Artists applying for a shared tent can choose their own partner or the festival will do the matching. There will be no partition in shared tents. Booth location requests will only be considered to accommodate vendor accessibility and health-related needs.
The Art Market is open to all artists of all media including and not limited to jewellery, photography, textiles, glass, painting, woodwork, ceramics, metal, mixed media and sculpture.
- Applicant must be the designer and creator of artwork
- Reproductions must be labelled “reproduction”, signed and numbered as limited edition and are not to exceed 40% of all work in booth
- If two designers produce the artwork, both must be identified on the application
- Artist(s) must be present on-site during the festival
- Artist is solely responsible for obtaining necessary permits, licenses, insurance, and approvals required to sell their goods at the festival
- Submission of embellished objects, imported or production work will not be accepted
- Group applications from art institutions and other organizations are permitted when sponsored by a leading member
Steps to apply
- Completeness of your application is a consideration in the jury process. Create your Art Market applicant account when you fill out the Online Application.
- Applicants must pay a jury fee of $25 plus taxes. Call 604-925-7270 to pay for the Harmony Arts Festival Art Market jury fee, quoting #69629
- Jury fee receipt number is required as part of your application
- Accepted applicants must return signed contract and payment by Monday, May 25, 2020
- Upload your artist bio (please note that artist bios are to be written in third-person with a maximum count of 150 words, proof of payment and five high-resolution image files (maximum 5MB) and their corresponding titles, mediums, dimensions and prices
- Submit your application. Please note that you can still view your application but will no longer be able to make changes. If you require technical assistance, please contact Slideroom.
Notification of jury results: by Friday, May 8, 2020.
A select group of respected artists and art professionals will review all submitted application packages and select exhibitors. Selection criteria are based on originality, design and technique. The overall balance of artwork categories may be considered in the selection process.
A non-refundable jury fee of $25 + tax per application is collected at time of application.
Insurance and Security
The festival has on-site overnight security. All tents must be closed by the artist each night. Insurance is required for all artists. Each artisan is required to pay $25 and will be added to the group liability insurance policy in the amount of $2 million, naming the District of West Vancouver as additionally insured for coverage for the dates of Harmony Arts Festival. The Harmony Arts Festival is not responsible for lost or damaged artwork. Artists may display their own signage within their booth, but will not remove any festival-branded booth signage provided by the festival.