Application deadline: Saturday, June 6, 2020
Harmony Arts Festival began 30 years ago with a simple dream: to give the North Shore a festival worthy of its unparalleled setting. Today, the festival attracts more than 140,000 visitors from the Sea-to-Sky and across Metro Vancouver. Together, we celebrate the spirit, lifestyle and natural beauty that make West Vancouver so special. Join us in making the 30th year the best yet with even more ground-breaking performances, stunning visual arts, and world-class culinary experiences.
Submit your original artwork for consideration to the annual Group Exhibition. The Group Exhibition is an opportunity to showcase and sell your displayed artwork.
The application deadline is Saturday, June 6, 2020.
The online application is a guided step-by-step user-friendly process and can be accessed filled out at harmonyarts.slideroom.com
- Create your Festival online applicant account at harmonyarts.slideroom.com
- Call 604-925-7270 to register for the Harmony Arts Festival Group Exhibition Jury Fee. You will be asked for barcode/course number #69431.
- Request the receipt. You will be required to enter the receipt number as part of your online application
- Complete your online application. You will need the following information:
- Up to three high-resolution images (maximum 5MB in jpeg.)
- Artist biography/statement – maximum 100 words
- Title, medium and dimensions of each work
- Price of artwork – all work must be for sale
- Proof of payment (receipt number)
Submit your application. Please note, you can still view your application but will no longer be able to make changes. If you require technical assistance please email [email protected]
Notification of jury results: by Wednesday, June 24, 2020
A select group of respected artists and art professionals will review all submitted application packages and select exhibitors. Selection criteria are based on originality, design and technique. The overall balance of artwork categories may be considered in the selection process.
A non-refundable jury fee of $10 per entry (maximum 3 entries) will be collected at time of application.
- Only works selected by the jury will be exhibited. No substitutions are permitted
- Artists are responsible for their own framing
- All works must be valued and priced
- Multi-medium, two-dimensional works will be accepted
- All submitted works must be exhibition-ready and wired for hanging
- Festival staff will determine the installation of all selected works
- Festival staff will install and take down the artworks
- Festival staff will handle purchase inquires and transactions
- Proceeds from sales will be divided 70 per cent to the artist and 30 per cent to the Harmony Arts Festival. Payment of sales proceeds will be within 4 weeks of the end of the festival
- Each artist is responsible for insuring his/her own artworks over the entire exhibition period including installation and takedown. The Harmony Arts Festival is not responsible for any accidental damage to the artworks- please note, the exhibition space is outdoors in a tent and subject to variable weather conditions, please keep this in consideration when submitting artwork
- Selected artists are responsible to drop off their artworks at the assigned exhibition venue as notified up to one week prior to the exhibition
- Selected artists are responsible to pick up any unsold works at the assigned exhibition venue; final pick up instruction will be provided in July
Please note that you can still view your application but will no longer be able to make changes after submission. If you require technical assistance please email [email protected]