For the Love of Art: Youth and Children's Art Exhibition Application

Sponsored by IRIS

For the Love of Art is an exhibition and silent auction of youth artwork as part of the Harmony Arts Festival, presented by Odlum Brown Limited. The exhibition will showcase a curated selection of the North Shore’s emerging art talent under the age of 19. Artwork will be displayed in an outdoor exhibition tent during the Harmony Arts Festival from Friday, August 4 to Sunday, August 13, 2023. This is a unique opportunity to showcase the work of developing young artists in the community.

Submission deadline: Friday, July 14, 2023

Exhibition: August 4–13, 2023

Terms and Conditions
  • The artist must be under the age of 19 at the time of submission to participate. 
  • The artist may submit one (1) piece of art.
  • The artist must live on the North Shore. 
  • The artist may choose to sell their work in the silent auction or submit it for exhibition only. 
  •  A starting bid of $20 will be placed on all artwork (if the artwork is for sale) unless the artist submits a starting bid request. 
  • All work submitted should be ready to display. See PDF as a guide for how to prepare your work for a gallery. 
  • Work will be mounted on panels with wire and nails. 
  • Proceeds from the For the Love of Art auctions will be divided between the submitting artist and the Harmony Arts Festival. Proceeds will be divided as follows: 70% will be available to the submitting artist in form of a cheque. The remaining 30% will support children’s art programming within the Harmony Arts Festival. 
  • The Harmony Arts Festival will advertise the exhibition in the festival guide and on the festival website.
  • Once the artwork is dropped off, it will remain in the possession of the Harmony Arts Festival until the end of the exhibition. 
  • All artwork must have an associated application form: Please use the online form and upload a photo of your work OR download the PDF application and attach it to the work delivered in person (forms will be also available at the festival Headquarters at 1564 Argyle Avenue.)
Art Pickup and Drop-off

Artwork is to be delivered to:

Harmony Arts Festival Headquarters
1564 Argyle Avenue
West Vancouver BC  V7V 1A1

Office hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.

  • The silent auction will close on Saturday, August 12 at 5 p.m. and buyers will be notified by telephone or email. Buyers will collect the work that evening or on Sunday, August 13 until 9 p.m. at the festival headquarters at 1564 Argyle Avenue. 
  • Unsold artwork can be picked up on Monday, August 14 at the festival headquarters at 1564 Argyle Avenue.
  • Artwork not picked up by the buyer will be returned to the artist by Friday, August 25.
How To Frame Your Art

This framing guide will help you prepare your work for this show and any other future show you might participate in.

Please upload a photo of the artwork.
One file only.
2 MB limit.
Allowed types: gif, jpg, jpeg, png.
What materials did you use to make the artwork?
What was your inspiration for this artwork?
What do you like about making art?
Would you like to make this artwork available for sale?
What price would you like to set for your artwork?
To be completed by parent/guardian.
I confirm that I have read and agree with the terms and conditions and privacy notice:
The artist is under the age of 19 at the time of submission:
Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act Notice: Personal information contained on this form is collected under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act section 26(c) and will be used only for the purpose of processing your application to the Harmony Arts Festival.

If you have questions about the collection and use of this information please contact Legislative Services, between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday, excluding statutory holidays, at 604-921-3497 at Municipal Hall, 750 17th Street, West Vancouver BC V7V 3T3.

Logan Thackray, Program Coordinator, Cultural Services