Group Exhibition Application
The Harmony Arts Festival invites you to submit original artwork for consideration for the annual Group Exhibition. The Group Exhibition is an opportunity to showcase and sell your displayed artwork.
Cost to apply: The fee is $13 plus tax per artwork and artists can jury up to 3 artworks, for a total of $39 plus tax.
- The Group Exhibition application deadline is Saturday, June 15, 2024.
- To register:
- Complete your online application. You will need the following information to complete the application:
- Up to three high-resolution images (up to 5MB each in jpeg format)
- Artist Biography – maximum 100 words
- Medium and dimensions of each work
- Price of artwork – all work must be for sale
- Proof of payment – Receipt number
Please note that you can still view your application but will no longer be able to make changes after submission. If you require technical assistance, please email [email protected]
The Group Exhibition will be open to the public from Friday, August 2, until Sunday, August 11, 2024.
- Friday, August 2, 2–9 p.m.
- Saturday, August 3 to Monday, August 5, 11 a.m.–9 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 6 to Thursday, August 8, 4–9 p.m.
- Friday, August 9, 2–9 p.m.
- Saturday, August 10 to Sunday, August 11, 11 a.m.–9 p.m.
- Only works selected by the jury will be exhibited. No substitutions are permitted.
- A maximum of three original works created within the past three years may be entered.
- Artists are responsible for their framing.
- All works must be valued and priced.
- Multi-disciplinary and multi-medium works will be accepted.
- All submitted works must be exhibition-ready and wired for hanging.
- All entries must be original and completed solely by the artist’s hand. If artwork is part of a limited edition, please state the total number in the edition.
- Festival staff will determine the installation of all selected works.
- Festival staff will install and take down the artwork.
- Festival staff will handle purchase inquiries and transactions.
- Proceeds from sales will be divided 70% to the artist and 30% to the Harmony Arts Festival.
- Selected artists are responsible for dropping off their artworks at 1564 Argyle Avenue from Monday, July 15 to Friday, July 26 | 8:30 a.m.– 4:30 p.m.
- Selected artists are responsible for picking up any unsold works at 1564 Argyle Avenue on Sunday, August 12, after 6 p.m. or Thursday, August 16 to Friday, August 17 | 8:30 a.m.– 4:30 p.m.
- Images of accepted works may be used, at the sole discretion of the District of West Vancouver, for promotional purposes including, but not limited to invitation, catalogue, website, social media, or a subsequent year’s prospectus. Images will include attribution wherever possible
- Each artist is responsible for insuring their artworks over the entire exhibition period including installation and takedown.
- The Harmony Arts Festival is not responsible for any accidental damage to the artworks. Please, note the exhibition space is outdoors and subject to variable weather conditions. Please keep this in consideration.
Harmony Arts Festival – Friday, August 2–Sunday, August 11, 2024.
Application Deadline – Saturday, June 15, 2024.
Jury Selection – The week following the application deadline.
Notification of Jury Results – First week of July 2024
Drop-off artwork – Monday, July 15 to Friday, July 26, 2024
Pick-up artwork – Sunday, August 12, after 6 p.m. or Thursday, August 16 to Friday, August 17 | 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m
A jury of 4 artists and art professionals will review submissions.
Notifications will be sent via email in July 2024. Selection criteria:
- Creativity and Originality: Originality in art includes the artwork's presentation, style, concrete criteria such as themes, techniques, and materials, as well as intangible criteria such as intentions and expressions.
- Technical skill and presentation: The jury will consider the artistic skill, technique, and overall competence, including the skill of presentation of the artwork.
- Cohesive body of Work: Our jurors will look for a cohesive body of work. It might explore one approach, concept, topic, subject matter, theme or philosophy that demonstrates conceptual strength and generates multi-layered meanings.
- Artist voice: artwork is unique and recognizable in its artistic style.