Grand Prix Plein Air Challenge
Saturday, August 6, 2022
10 a.m.–2 p.m.
Along the Ambleside waterfront
In this traditional competition, artists must compose, paint, complete and frame (or finish) a piece of art outdoors “en plein air.” All ages and skill levels are welcome.
Works will be judged and fabulous prizes donated by Opus Art Supplies will be awarded. Participants may exhibit and sell their pieces on-site from 3 to 7 p.m. on the day of the challenge
Presented by British Pacific Properties and award sponsored by Opus Art Supplies
Adult: $35 including tax
Under 19: $20 including tax
Registration fee includes morning coffee and muffins, and a wine and cheese reception after the judging.
Register by phone at 604-925-7270 (quote course #121198) or online.
- Please be on-site at the ArtSpeaks tent (west of the Ferry Building Gallery) by 9:30 a.m. Late arrivals will not be accepted.
- All participating artists are expected to create a piece that reflects this year’s theme.
- Artists must supply their own surface and materials for creating their piece.
- Finished artwork must not exceed 16" x 20" (not including frame).
- All mediums are accepted as long as they are created on-site in the time frame allocated.
- Once submitted for judging, artwork must be exhibition ready with edges painted or taped (if applicable).
- Watercolour: please provide a mat board or frame to display your work during judging. No glass please.
- Oil/acrylics on board: please provide a frame to display your piece for judging.
- Canvas: no frame is required but the art should look finished at the time of judging.
- Do not sign the canvas before the judging is completed, as participating artists' names are kept confidential during the judging process. The names of judging panel members will also be kept confidential during the competition
- Artists will have the opportunity to display and sell their pieces in the Artspeaks Tent until 7 p.m. on the day of the competition. The Ferry Building Gallery will process artwork sales and take a 30% commission.