Art Market vendor applications for the 28th Annual Harmony Arts Festival, presented by Odlum Brown Limited, are now closed. The application deadline was Thursday, March 29, 2018.
Art Market Vendor Information
The Harmony Arts Festival transforms the West Vancouver waterfront into an open-air celebration of the arts, attracting over 150,000 local and international visitors during the ten-day event. The festival’s Art Market is a unique opportunity for local, regional and national artists and artisans to exhibit and sell their high-quality original works in this admission-free and commission-free event.
The Art Market is open to all artists of all media including and not limited to jewellery, photography, textiles, glass, painting, woodwork, ceramics, metal, mixed media and sculpture. We continue to seek new and talented artisans to participate in the Art Market.
Friday, August 3 through Monday, August 6, 2018 and/or Friday, August 10 through Sunday, August 12, 2018.
Friday, August 3 and/or August 10 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Monday, August 6 and/or Sunday, August 12 from 9 to 10:30 p.m. with vehicle access after 10:30 p.m.
- Friday, August 3, 2–9 p.m.
- Saturday, August 4, 11 a.m.–9 p.m.
- Sunday, August 5, 11 a.m.–9 p.m.
- Monday, August 6, 11 a.m.–9 p.m.
- Friday, August 10, 2–9 p.m.
- Saturday, August 11, 11 a.m.–9 p.m.
- Sunday, August 12, 11 a.m.–9 p.m.
The Art Market is located along Argyle Avenue between 14th and 16th Street, along the scenic Ambleside waterfront.
- Harmony Arts Festival: August 3–12, 2018
- application deadline: Thursday, March 29, 2018
- jury selection: week of April 13, 2018
- notification of jury results: by Friday, April 26, 2018
- payment and contract: Friday, May 11, 2018
- festival package including booth assignment and load-in times: early July
A substantial promotions budget paired with media outreach with an excellent saturation of the Lower Mainland will be provided for the Harmony Arts Festival. Newspaper, bus shelters, billboards, digital and social media campaigns are all encompassed in the festival advertising campaign with an estimated view coverage of over 350,000.
The Art Market has received media attention in past years as a longstanding tradition of the Harmony Arts Festival. The festival retains the right to choose artists to promote in advertising or media.
Admission to the public is free with an anticipated attendance of 150,000 over the ten-day festival, based on previous years.
West Vancouver is a quaint residential community with limited accommodation. Horseshoe Bay Motel, located in Horseshoe Bay, is approximately 15 kilometres from Argyle Avenue. Accommodation is available in North Vancouver on Capilano Road, a short 5-kilometre distance from Argyle Avenue.
10 ft. x 10 ft. tents, move-in and move-out assistance, overnight security and booth relief service (limited based on daily volunteer availability).
Booth Size and Cost
Booths include a tent, two 6 ft. tables, two chairs, a power outlet and one overhead lamp. More power may be available by request for an additional fee.
August 3–6: $660 (individual 10 ft. x 10 ft. tent) or $330 (shared 10 ft. x 10 ft. tent)
August 10–12: $495 (individual 10 ft. x 10 ft. tent) or $248 (shared 10 ft. x 10 ft. tent)
August 3–6 & August 10–12: $990 (individual 10 ft. x 10 ft. tent) or $495 (shared 10 ft. x 10 ft. tent)
Signed artist contract and booth payment from accepted applicants must be received by Friday, May 11, 2018. All prices are subject to applicable tax. Artists applying for a shared tent can choose their own partner or festival staff will do the matching. There will be no partition in shared tents. We will do our best to address booth requests, however, traffic flow, safety and special health-related needs of vendors are the first considerations when assigning space.
- applicant must be the designer and producer of the product
- art market participation is open to independent artists showcasing locally and/or independently made products
- the art market will not allow direct sales companies or representatives
- vendors are not permitted to dismantle prior to the close of the event
- vendors are accepted based on the products as outlined in their application form
- reproductions must be labelled “reproduction”, signed and numbered as limited edition and are not to exceed 40% of all work in booth
- if two designers produce the artwork, both must be identified on the application
- artist(s) must be present on-site during the festival
- the festival welcomes group applications from art institutions and other organizations when sponsored by a leading member
- submission of embellished objects, imported or production work will not be accepted
- a non-refundable jury fee of $26.25 ($25 + tax) per application is collected at time of application
A select group of respected artists and art professionals will review all submitted application packages and select vendors for particiapation. Selection criteria are based on originality, design and technique. The overall balance of artwork categories may be considered in the selection process.
Applications are now closed.
Completeness of your application is a consideration in the jury process. Create your Art Market applicant account when you fill out the Online Application.
- call 604-925-7270 to register for the Harmony Arts Festival Art Market jury fee ($26.25), quoting #44694
- you will be required to enter the receipt number as part of your application
- upload your artist bio (artist bios must be written in third-person with a maximum count of 150 words count, proof of payment and five high-resolution image files (maximum 5MB) and their corresponding titles, mediums, dimensions and prices)
- submit your application
Please note that you can still view your application once it is submitted but you will no longer be able to make changes. If you require technical assistance, please contact Slideroom.
Digital Image Specifications
Your application will be juried based on originality, design and techniques used. Please submit up to five high-resolution, print-quality images that are reflective of your work. Images must be 300 dpi or a maximum 5MB in either a jpg, gif, or png format. Please include photo credit.
Insurance and Security
The festival has on-site overnight security. All tents will be closed and zipped up. Insurance is required for all artists. Each artisan is required to pay $25 and will be added to the group liability insurance policy in the amount of $2 million, naming the District of West Vancouver as additionally insured for coverage for the dates of Harmony Arts Festival. The Harmony Arts Festival is not responsible for lost or damaged artwork.