Art Market vendor applications for the 29th Annual Harmony Arts Festival, presented by Odlum Brown Limited, are now open.The application deadline is Friday, March 29, 2019.
The Harmony Arts Festival, presented by Odlum Brown Limited welcomes your application the Art Market. The festival transforms the West Vancouver waterfront into an open-air celebration of the arts attracting over 150,000 local and international visitors during the ten-day event.
The festival’s Art Market is a unique opportunity for local, regional and national artists and artisans to exhibit and sell their high-quality original works in this admission-free and commission-free event.
The Art Market is open to all artists of all media including but not limited to jewellery, photography, textiles, glass, painting, woodwork, ceramics, metal, mixed media, skincare & homewares, artisan foods and sculpture.
The Art Market is located along Argyle Avenue between 14th and 16th Street, along the scenic Ambleside waterfront.
- Friday, August 2 through Monday, August 5, 2019, and/or Friday, August 6 through to Sunday, August 11, 2019.
- Friday, August 2 and/or August 9 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Monday, August 6 and/or Sunday, August 12 from 9–10:30 p.m. with vehicle access after 10:30 p.m.
- Friday, August 2, 2–9 p.m.
- Saturday, August 3, 11 a.m.–9 p.m.
- Sunday, August 4, 11 a.m.–9 p.m.
- Monday, August 5, 11 a.m.–9 p.m.
- Friday, August 9, 2–9 p.m.
- Saturday, August 10, 11 a.m.–9 p.m.
- Sunday, August 11, 11 a.m.–9 p.m.
- Harmony Arts Festival: August 2–11, 2019
- application deadline: March 29, 2019
- jury selection: week of April 7, 2019
- notification of jury results: by Friday, April 26, 2019
- payment and contract: May 10, 2019
- booth assignment: June 1, 2019
- Festival package: early July 2019
Media outreach with excellent saturation of the Lower Mainland will be provided for the Harmony Arts Festival. Digital & social media, newspaper & print, bus shelters and billboards campaigns are all encompassed in the advertising campaign with a view coverage of over 350,000.
The festival retains the right to choose artists to promote in advertising or media. Harmony Arts Festival reserves the right to use vendor images for promotional purposes The festival is open and free to the public with over 150,000 in attendance over the ten days, based on previous years.
West Vancouver is a quaint residential community with limited accommodation. Horseshoe Bay Motel, located in Horseshoe Bay is approximately 15 km from Argyle Avenue. Accommodation is available in North Vancouver on Capilano Road, a short 5 km distance from Argyle Avenue.
10 ft. x 10 ft. tents, move-in and move-out assistance, overnight security and booth relief service (limited based on daily volunteer availability).
Booth size and cost
Booths include a tent, two 6 ft. tables, two chairs, a power outlet and one overhead lamp.
August 2–5: $665 (individual 10 ft. x 10 ft. tent) or $333 (shared 10 ft. x 10 ft. tent)
August 9–11: $500 (individual 10 ft. x 10 ft. tent) or $250 (shared 10 ft. x 10 ft. tent)
August 2–5 & August 9–11: $995 (individual 10 ft. x 10 ft. tent) or $498 (shared 10 ft. x 10 ft. tent)
Signed artist contract and booth payment from accepted applicants must be received by Friday, May 10, 2019. All prices are subject to applicable tax. Artists applying for a shared tent can choose their own partner or the Festival will do the matching. There will be no partition in shared tents. We will do our best to address booth requests however, traffic flow, safety and special health-related needs of exhibitors are the first considerations when assigning space.
- applicant must be the designer and producer of the products. Market participation is open to independent artists showcasing locally and/or independently made products.
- we do not allow direct sales companies or representatives
- reproductions must be labelled “reproduction” signed and numbered as a limited edition and are not to exceed 40 per cent of all work in the booth
- any vendors selling food or skincare must have proper certification from Vancouver Coastal Health. Harmony Arts Festival does not hold any responsibility for negligence
- if two designers produce the artwork, both must be identified on the application
- artist(s) must be present on-site during the festival
- we welcome group applications from art institutions and other organizations when sponsored by a leading member
- submission of embellished objects, imported or production work will not be accepted
- vendors are selected based on the products as outlined in their application form
- a non-refundable jury fee of $26.25 ($25 + tax) per application is collected at the time of application
A group of respected artists and art professionals will review all submitted application packages and select vendors. The Jury process is anonymous, with jurors using only digital images provided by artist for selection. Selection criteria is based on originality, design and technique. Previous involvement in the festival is not a consideration for selection. The overall balance of artwork categories may be considered in the selection process.
Completeness of your application is a consideration in the jury process. The online application is a guided step by step user-friendly process and can be accessed filled out at harmonyarts.slideroom.com
- Create your Festival online applicant account at harmonyarts.slideroom.com
- Call 604-925-7270 to register for the Harmony Arts Festival Art Market Jury Fee ($26.25). You will be asked for the barcode or course number which is #56455
- Request a receipt. You will be required to enter the receipt number as part of your online application
- Complete your online application. You will need the following information:
- Up to five high-resolution image (maximum 5MB) and their corresponding title, medium, dimensions and price
- Artist bio (please note artist bios are to be written in the third person with a maximum count of 150 words)
- Proof of payment (receipt number)
- Submit your application. Please note, you can still view your application but will no longer be able to make changes. If you require technical assistance please email email@example.com
Digital Image Specs
Please note that your application will be juried based on originality, design and techniques used. Please submit up to five high resolution, print-quality images that are reflective of your work. Images must be 300 dpi or a maximum 5MB in either a jpg, gif, or png format. Please include a photo credit.
Insurance and Security
Festival has on-site overnight security. All tents will be closed and zipped up. Insurance is required for all artists. Each artisan is required to pay $25 and will be added to the group liability insurance policy in the amount of $2 million, naming the District of West Vancouver as additionally insured for coverage for the dates of Harmony Arts Festival. The Harmony Arts Festival is not responsible for lost or damaged artwork.
Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act Notice: personal information contained on this form is collected under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act section 26(c) and will be used only for the purpose of processing your submission/application for the "Food Vendor" for the Harmony Arts Festival. If you have any questions about the collection and use of this information please contact Legislative Services, Records and Information Management Coordinator at 604-921-3497, District of West Vancouver, 75017th Street, West Vancouver, BC V7V 3T3.