Submission deadline: Friday, July 5, 2019
Exhibition: August 2 to 11, 2019
For the Love of Art is an exhibition of youth artwork as part of the 29th annual Harmony Arts Festival, presented by Odlum Brown Limited. The exhibition will showcase a curated selection of the North Shore’s emerging art talent under the age of 19.
Artwork will be displayed in an outdoor exhibition tent during the Harmony Arts Festival from August 2 to 11, 2019. This is a unique opportunity to showcase the work of developing young artists in the community.
The exhibition will kick off on the opening day of the festival, Friday, August 2, with a fun, kid-friendly opening art reception.
- The artist must be under the age of 19 at the time of submission to participate.
- The artist may submit only one piece of art.
- The artist must live on the North Shore.
- All work submitted should be unframed. The Harmony Arts Festival will be responsible for framing and presenting the artwork.
- The Harmony Arts Festival will promote the exhibition in the festival guide and on the Festival website.
- Once the artwork is dropped off, it will remain in the possession of the Harmony Arts Festival until the end of the exhibition.
- Artwork and application are to be submitted in-person at:
- West Vancouver Municipal Hall Parks, Culture & Community Services, 2nd Floor, 750 17th Street, West Vancouver
- Offices are open Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Artwork will be available for pick up on Friday, August 16 at the festival headquarters at 1564 Argyle Avenue.
- Artwork that is not picked up will be returned to the artist by Friday, September 13. Artwork is to be picked up at West Vancouver Municipal Hall.