For the Love of Art
Children's Art Exhibition & Auction
For the Love of Art is an exhibition and silent auction of children's artwork as part of the 27th annual Harmony Arts Festival, presented by Odlum Brown Limited. The exhibition will showcase a curated selection of the North Shore's emerging art talent under the age of 18.
Artwork will be displayed in an outdoor exhibition tent during the Harmony Arts Festival from August 4–13, 2017.
This is a unique opportunity to showcase the work of developing young artists in the community. The exhibition will kick off on the opening day of the festival, Friday, August 4, with a fun, kid-friendly opening art reception.
Terms and Conditions:
1. You must be 18 years or younger at the time of submission to participate.
2. You may submit only one (1) piece of art.
3. Artwork is to be submitted to the West Vancouver Community Centre, 3rd floor office #380 at 2121 Marine Drive, West Vancouver, BC V7V 4Y2.
- Our offices are open Monday to Friday, 9 a.m.–4 p.m.
4. All work submitted should be unframed. The Harmony Arts Festival will be responsible for framing and presenting the artwork.
5. The artist may choose to sell their work in our silent auction or submit for exhibition only. The silent auction will close on Saturday, August 12 at 5 p.m.
- Buyers can collect the work that evening or on Sunday, August 13 until 9 p.m. at the festival headquarters (1546 Argyle Avenue).
6. Proceeds from the For the Love of Art auctions will be divided between the submitting artist and the Harmony Arts Festival.
- Proceeds will be divided as follows: 70% will be available to the submitting artist in the form of a cheque or as a voucher towards visual art classes, camps or programs offered by the District of West Vancouver.
- The artist can choose how they wish to receive their portion of the proceeds.
- The remaining 30% will support children's art programming within the Harmony Arts Festival.
7. Once the artwork is dropped off, it will remain in the possession of the Harmony Arts Festival until the end of the exhibition.
8. The Harmony Arts Festival will advertise the exhibition in the festival guide and on harmonyarts.ca
9. If sold artwork is not picked up on the final day of the festival, the artwork can be picked up from the West Vancouver Community Centre 3rd floor office until Friday, August 18.
Submission Deadline: Thursday, June 29, 2017